Atlanta Product Liability Lawyers
Standing Up for the Rights of Georgia Consumers
Have you or a loved one been injured by a defective product in Georgia? You may be entitled to compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and other monetary and non-economic losses related to your accident.
The Fowler Firm is an Atlanta law firm that protects the rights of injured consumers by fighting for their right to just compensation. Our Atlanta product liability lawyers are compassionate, effective, and innovative advocates who truly care about our clients’ success. We are available 24/7 and don’t charge any legal fees to win your case, so please feel free to contact us at any time to discuss whether legal action is right for you.
What Is Product Liability?
Under state and federal law, you are entitled to sue for compensation if you have been injured by a defective product. Manufacturers and other parties involved in the supply chain are responsible for ensuring that the products they design, build, and sell are safe for consumers to use.
Legal liability can fall on one or more of the following parties:
Depending on the type of product, it also must include warning labeling cautioning against improper use and informing you of potential hazards. This means that if you have been injured by a product at no fault of your own, you have the legal right to seek compensation to cover your medical bills and other accident-related expenses.
Product Liability Claims We Handle
If you or a loved one has been injured by a product you were using correctly to the best of your knowledge, you may be able to file a product liability claim. Product liability spans all industries, from defective automobiles to malfunctioning toys.
Examples of product liability claims we may be able to handle include:
- Hair dyes that cause severe allergic reactions
- Playground equipment that causes injury to children
- Medical devices that malfunction, causing further harm to a patient
- Dangerous machinery (lawnmowers, industrial equipment, etc.) lacking proper safety measures
- Toxic food that causes illness
- Medications with harmful, undisclosed side effects
Basically, as long as you can prove the following, you should have a viable product liability claim:
- The product in question was unreasonably hazardous,
- You sustained an injury, and
- The product directly caused your injury.
Types of Defective Product Cases
The three main types of product liability claims are based on the following defects:
- Design defects: If the cause of the product defect is determined to be a flaw in the design, the creator of the product can be held liable for your injuries. Design defects often result in entire product recalls and multiple product liability claims.
- Manufacturing defects: If the defect occurred during the manufacturing stage, the person or company responsible for building the product can be held accountable. In this case, only one product or an entire batch may be affected.
- Marketing defects: Also known as “failure to warn,” marketing defects occur when a product failed to be properly labeled, causing misuse by consumers and subsequent accidents. These claims often hold manufacturers liable as well.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
Product liability cases can be especially tricky to handle. These claims often involve one or more individuals going up against a major manufacturer or other organization. These entities will often hire a team of their own defense attorneys to protect their image and will do whatever they can to discredit your claim.
Fortunately, the law is on your side. As long as you can show evidence to prove you used the product as advertised and were still injured, you should be able to attain fair compensation. For this reason, it is best to hire a lawyer of your own who understands how to investigate such claims, collect relevant evidence and testimony, and negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
At The Fowler Firm, we provide effective and aggressive legal representation to clients tailored to their unique goals and needs. We truly care about your success and wellbeing and will do everything in our power to win your case, even if that means taking a major company to court.
I would highly recommend him- Kevin
Wonderful experience with The Fowler Law Firm.- Christine
I will recommend Mr. Fowler to anyone that needs a great lawyer.- Andrew
Highly competent, knowledgeable and effective attorney- James
Thankful- Workers' Compensation Client
$1 Million Commercial Car Accident
$1 Million Truck Accident
$995,000 Wrongful Death
$545,000 Truck Accident
$400,000 Car Accident
$400,000 Bicycle Accident
$390,000 Truck Accident
$300,000 Car Accident
$250,000 Car Accident
$250,000 Truck Accident
We rigorously litigate cases and negotiate settlements. We are experienced litigators and are willing to fight for you.
Dedicated & Driven
We treat each case as though it is going to go to trial to ensure that you obtain the compensation you deserve.
We communicate regularly to ensure you understand every step of your case. You will have direct access to your attorney.
We genuinely care about you and strive to ease your pain. It is our goal to reduce the stress of an already difficult situation.